Sunday, March 7, 2010

In Which I Feel Special

Quite awhile ago Palindrome awarded me the Creative Writer Award. See?

Creativity!

And I tried doing this like, two weeks ago, but because I am a dunce I took pictures with a camera that didn't have a memory chip in it. It was Sonshine's camera and she can't find the cord to it, so I had to re-take the pictures, and I was just way to busy/tired/lame/lazy-bum to get up and actually re-do it, but no longer! Here is my post, and if it is long I apologize. But here they are,

Ten Things That Make Me Happy:

1) Inside jokes. I am currently writing a story solely based on an inside joke my friend and I have. It is so much fun to write.

Obadiah, Obadiah, Obadiah stalks my house
He is just a little creepy, and he squeaks just like a mouse

2) Glass bottles, putting together random flower/stick arrangements. Don't know why, but this makes me happy.






































3) Plants! For the longest time I wanted a plant to sit outside my window, and now I have three. Here is one of them:


4) Keys:























The one to the Left is from the British Museum, the one on the Right my sis gave me for my 16th birthday.

5) Bangles. I just love bangles. Especially since Damaria came along (one of my story characters), who always shakes her wrists which are covered in bangles. Check 'em out:

One of these is not a bangle, but is in fact a super cool bracelet
that I am holding in ransom for one of my friends.

6) Clocks and London. These two things may not seem to go together, but in Trafalgar's Square I took this picture, and it always makes me happy.




















Ahhh... London. I so want to go again.





7) Swishy Skirts:

The aren't very swishy in the picture, but they are in real life.

8) Rainy Days




























9) Musicals. My sis and I just went to see Curtains at a local school, and it was so good! For reals, some of those actors are going to go on and by famous someday, I am sure of it. But one of my favorite musical soundtracks is based on the stories of Frog and Toad, and I want to be able to see it someday.

"Wave your hands in the air!"

10) Books. Duh.

*Angelic Voices*

And I nominate Joan Crawford for this award, and Falen, even though they probably have both received this award before. I also nominate Blam.

Yay!

And Falen gave me this one, which just makes me smile:


For this I nominate:


Even though I am newer to following their blogs, they have all proven themselves to be super sweet and sunshiney.

Anyway. Eventually I'll have another one of these kinds of posts, but for now, that is all.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Ha! You are awesome and creative!

How can you write a story based on an inside joke? Is it a long joke? Tellmetellmetellme!!

I once met a large Siberian tiger named Obadiah, he purred on me. True story.

I have a brown thumb, both literally and figuratively so I possess no living things...unless, you count spiders.

I too love swishy skirts!! I bought so many last summer and can't wait to wear them again, once all the stupid snow melts.

mmmm, books.

Rebecca T. said...

LONDON!!!!!!!!!! Ah, the wonder of travel. *sigh* I totally need to do a post about our trip even though it was ages ago.

VW: Alogisu - sounds like a country in one of your books :D

Unknown said...

@Palindrome: Hooray for swishy skirts! And the inside joke thing: We accidentally created a mythological creature. My friend was reading bits and pieces from the Old King James Version of the Bible... in a southern accent... While we were really tired and hyped up on sugar.

@Sonshine: YES! You must. (And I think I just might use that word for Emdy's and my story.)

Hannah said...

OH!! Now I'm jealous!! That's a great idea or a really bad one...you know, because of all the sugar.

VW:fluttsw- the sound your creature should make

Unknown said...

Haha... We shall see. The affects of sugar are hard to predict, sometimes.

Sarah Ahiers said...

I actually haven't recieved the award, so thanks pal!

Also, keys are awesome, straight up, and i'm a bit jealous of your necklace

Unknown said...

@Falen: Yay! and you're welcome. Wearing a key as a necklace is quite a conversation starter. People want to know the great reason behind it, and tend to be put-off when I say "I just like keys, weirdo."

Austin Gorton said...

and tend to be put-off when I say "I just like keys, weirdo."

LMAO!

I see Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel on the bottom of your book pile! I love that book!

Unknown said...

Ah! I have to finish reading it. So far I absolutely love it, I've just been so distracted with other stuff. My goal is to finish it this summer.